Student Counselor Information
Please list two non-related character references:
TRINTIY BAPTIST CHURCH STUDENT AND CHILDREN’S MINISTRY BASIC CHILD PROTECTION STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
1. Two Adult Rule – A minimum of two adult volunteers are required in attendance during all events and activities.
2. No Private One-on-One Contact – Private one-on-one contact between adult volunteers and children or youth is not permitted. In situations that require personal conferences, the meeting is to be conducted in the clear view of others, always utilizing the rule that women counsel girls and men counsel boys.
3. Respect of Privacy – Adult volunteers must respect the privacy of children and youth in situations such as changing clothes and taking showers, and intrude only to the extent that health and safety require. Adult volunteers must protect their own privacy in similar situations.
4. Separate shower and latrine facilities are required for males and females. When separate facilities are not available, separate times for male and female use must be scheduled and posted for showers.
5. Adult volunteers and children or youth of the same sex may occupy dormitory or single-room accommodations, provided there is a minimum of four children or youth.
6. Appropriate Attire – Proper, modest clothing for activities is required. For example, skinny-dipping is not appropriate.
7. Constructive Discipline – Discipline used during church events and activities must be constructive and reflect the values of TBC. Corporal punishment is never permitted.
8. Hazing Prohibited – Hazing and initiations are prohibited and may never be included as part of any TBC event or activity.
9. No “pairing off” in any case – Children and youth must remain in larger groups and are not allowed to pair off and go wandering around unsupervised.
10. The consumption of illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco by adult volunteers is unacceptable and prohibited.
11. Adult volunteers (including college aged adults) are not allowed to date and/or court and/or be romantically involved with minors they may be working with.
12. If there is ever any question or concern about any situation, please consult a member of the pastoral staff.
Parent or Guardian Information (If under the age of 18)
All below information must be filled out by your parent or guardian.
Emergency Contact Information (Not the Parents/Guardians)
By submitting this registration, I give my child, whose name is indicated above, permission to be a student counselor at Trinity Baptist Church's 2018 Camps.